Here it is, another round of the One Room Challenge! Although this was not something I planned for in advance, I took the last minute to leap to join in this round! Basically, I grew tired of staring at our awkward, outdated downstairs bathroom and decided to tackle it. Initially, I dreamed of a full remodel but alas, this was not in the cards. Instead, I’m hoping to pretty up this space with a very budget bathroom makeover!
(Part of my design journey includes sourcing products and sharing them with you! Naturally, some of my content includes affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click and purchase. This commission allows me to write more content and support my boys, so thank you!)
In case it’s not familiar, the One Room Challenge is a biannual event featuring designers (and regular folks, like me!) documenting their design of a single space over the course of 6 weeks. It’s all shared online via blogs, social media and the ORC website and is so fun to follow along! You might recall I worked on our living room during the Spring ORC.
- Black Vanity Light (changing out vanity lights is the easiest upgrade! More Modern Light Fixtures)
- ORO Art Print from Juniper Print Shop
- Bath Towel Bundle
- Wood Shelves
- Black Bathroom Faucet
- Framed Mirror
- Black Towel Hooks (these are from my brother’s business where I work and the same ones I use in my office!)
Sooooo, how am I going to tackle all this? Well, in addition to a solid mood board, I like to also have rough plan.
Budget Bathroom Makeover To-Do List
- Remove & Replace Hardware
- Paint Walls (using leftover white paint)
- Repair Holes
- Replace Toilet Seat
- Replace Light Fixture
- Paint Cabinets?
- Replace Cabinet Hardware
- Replace Sink Faucet
- Paint Tile Floor (I’ve got my eye on the Rustoleum Floor Tile Paint Kit)
- Find Artwork
- Style (a few key details are really going to help out this weird space!)
I wish I was able to complete remodel this space (like I did with our Small Bathroom Makeover) but I’m looking forward to the challenge!
This is going to be an interesting project, I hope you join me in tackling this budget bathroom makeover. If you’re looking for more budget makeovers, check out my 9 Easy Home Updates Under $200!