Summer has definitely arrived here in Oregon! One of my favorite parts of the season is enjoying cool summer evenings outside. Creating an outdoor retreat always felt really daunting and expensive. However, I’ve learned that a a few key pieces easily turns any patio into an oasis. I’ve teamed up with Walmart to share some of my favorite items to create a beautiful boho patio space!
(Part of my design journey includes sourcing great products and sharing them with you! Naturally, some of my content includes affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and purchase. Additionally, Walmart has sponsored this post but the opinions are all mine!)
If you’re with me on Pinterest, you might have seen a lot of patio inspiration I’ve collected on my House Exteriors board. Many have an eclectic boho vibe
I drew upon those ideas to carefully curate some of my favorite pieces from the Walmart Home summer collection. I love how Walmart included a lot of texture and natural home decor elements this year! These are elements I look for in styling an outdoor space.
What is Boho Style Home Decor?
You might be wondering about Boho Style in general. You’re not alone! The word comes up a lot but what is it exactly? Also known as bohemian, boho has a free-spirited, eclectic, and artistic vibe. It often includes muted, earthy colors colors with woven textures and lots of plants.
To learn more about Boho styles and others, check out my Guide to Interior Design Styles for a full list and examples.
- Textured Toss Pillow – the teal color brings all those outdoor plant vibes!
- Woven LED Lantern – I would hang these cute lights all around for instant coziness
- Wicker Egg Chair – this showstopper sets the entire scene and would be a great place to curl up in the evenings
- Geometric Outdoor Rug – perfect neutral and geometric design
- Boho Lumbar Pillow – instantly adds that boho element
- Outdoor Rattan Plant Stand – perfect for all those plants
- Ceramic Candle – setting the evening mood!
How to decorate a patio for summer
Wondering how to decorate a patio for summer? Layer with these basics:
- Outdoor rug to define the space
- Furniture you actually want to sit in
- Lighting such as outdoor candles and cafe lights
- Textured pieces like wicker furniture, lanterns, and outdoor pillows
For me, outdoor spaces are always a work in progress so I had a lot of fun dreaming about how I might incorporate these outdoor pieces.
Looking for more patio and outdoor space inspiration? Check out my Home Exteriors post for even more ideas.
Hopefully this provides some inspiration for creating a cozy outdoor space with boho decor. Use these pieces all together or mix and match to design your own authentic boho patio.