After we remodeled the main floor of our 1970’s ranch home, I searched the depths of the internet for a modern ceiling fan with a light. For some reason, this was a really tall order (you might remember my ceiling fan options). Admittedly, I wasn’t totally sold on the idea of a ceiling fan for this room at all. I was worried it would take away from the openness we worked so hard to achieve here. But, this space very clearly needed air circulating so my quest for a modern ceiling fan persisted.
(Part of my design journey includes sourcing great products and sharing them with you! Naturally, some of my content includes affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This commission allows me to write more content and support our family, so thank you!)
Checking the boxes for both design and function, the Cranbrook Fan from Hunter Fan Co. basically solved all my fan related problems.
FYI – This post is NOT sponsored but because this fan is one of the most asked about features of our home, I wanted to share my honest opinions!
What I Love About the Cranbrook Ceiling Fan:
- Overall modern design with minimal light shade and angular fan blade shape
- Reversible fan blade for light or dark wood color
- Reasonably priced compared to other fans and also available on Amazon
- No hanging chain!
- Made by established company, Hunter Fan Co.
- Low profile makes it a good fit for standard ceilings
- Matching bell pendant and flush mount lights also available
Critiques of Cranbrook Fan
- Light shade is on the slightly larger size which can be tricky for small rooms, but also makes it a statement piece
- The black shade is a very true black with a bit of shine, I would prefer a matte black finish
- Installation went fairly smoothly for us, but did seem more complicated than other fans we’ve installed
- Light is controlled only by remote
We used the Cranbrook Fan daily during the summer and when we want to circulate heat. I’m overall very pleased with it. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a modern ceiling fan.
Looking for more modern ceiling fans? Check out my round up of 7 Ceiling Fans that won’t break the bank!