I am always on the lookout for ways to add function and design to our living room spaces. I like to invest in classic, neutral pieces and look for pieces that have a lot of impact. This means, I like to keep a running list of items I have my eye on and wait for the best time to scoop them up. You probably know this about me already but All Modern is one of my go-to places for these key pieces. This year, I teamed up with the folks over there and am sharing some of my favorite modern living room decor!
What is modern decor style?
Modern decor is known for streamlined furniture, minimal decor, neutral colors, and a lot of contrast. The clutter-free approach with monochromatic colors can really peaceful.
Easily mixed with other styles such as boho or farmhouse, modern decor often mixes blacks, whites, and neutral shades. It might sometimes feel too harsh or cold, but this design style is easily warmed up with natural elements and texture.
Read more about Modern Decor and other design styles in my Interior Design Styles Guide.
- Neutral Loveseat – this blank canvas would be easy to style and incorporate
- Wood Drum Shade Chandelier – this is like art and light all in one!
- Minimalist Ladder Bookshelf – all the shelf styling
- Round Black Coffee Table – saving this one as a go to furniture staple
- Vertical Arched Mirror – ok, I’m obsessed with this one
- Black and White Outdoor or Indoor Geometric Area Rug
- Modern Flush Mount Light – light fixtures are one of my go to ways to update a space
- Modern Floor Lamp – would be so pretty in a hard to style, dark corner
- Geometric Linen Pillow – just the right amount of blush
- Gray Armchair – another simple, classic furniture staple
- Woven Bench – function plus design makes this bench a huge win
All Modern has so many great living room decor pieces (the reading nook I created with them is still one of my very favorite corners) plus it’s super easy to navigate their site since it’s a more curated collection of high quality items that fit right into my non fussy aesthetic.
Curious about how to pull it all together? Check out my Modern Decor Starter Package with curated decor, a complete living room design board, and coordinating paint colors – all with links and sources. Or, try it on your own with my step by step guide, How to Decorate a Room from Start to Finish.