Well, here it is folks, the final week of the One Room Challenge and my Living Room Reveal. For me, this ended up being more about the process rather than the end result. It was a long, complicated journey with several bumps in the road like being ill and isolated for a week. There were shipping delays and plans that fell through. But, ultimately, I’m proud for pushing through and improving this space in our home.
Living Room Refresh- What I Accomplished:
- Selected couch – see all of my living room couch ideas
- Black Painted Piano
- Installed Wall Sconces (without any hardwiring!)
- Added bookcase (curious about decorating? Check out how to style a bookshelf)
- Chose and framed artwork
- Selected new living room rug
- Incorporated more modern decor including pillows and pouf
What Did Not Get Completed:
- Fireplace: I had grand visions of replacing the mantle or adding a feature wall but after careful consideration, we decided against it at this time
Functional Coffee Table with Storage: Previously, we had a large trunk that stored our board games. While I loved it, the hinges made it difficult to use. I searched high and low for one I liked that was both functional and pretty.
Ultimately, I moved one from our family room in here so we can at least use the top for games but I’m considering some of these Round Wood Coffee Tables
- Chairs: Admittedly, I did not have much of a plan here. Because the chairs were dependent on the sofa and that took me weeks to decide on, the chairs became something to cross off the list…. for now.
- I ended up pulling in two vintage chairs from our beach house that I love, though they aren’t super functional here. I’ve got my eye on some of these 9 Low Profile Accent Chairs I rounded up though!
- Shades: I hoped to incorporate the same woven blinds I use in our other rooms (bedroom, kitchen, bathroom) but did not plan for the shipping delay due to Covid. These beauties will arrive soon, just not in time for the big reveal.
Living Room Reveal Sources
I started the process with a Living Room Design Board which helped guide my direction. Here are many of the lovely items, I chose!
- Moroccan Tassle Rug from Boutique Rugs
- Ladder Bookcase
- Jute Pouf
- Wall Sconces
- Black & White Grid Lumbar Pillow from Homies
- Custom Photo Frames from Frame It Easy
- Art Prints from Juniper Print Shop
- Alcott Sofa in Rain Cloud from Article
Thank you for cheering me on and joining me on this adventure! Check out all the other One Room Challenge reveals by visiting the ORC blog!