One Room Challenge Living Room Reveal
Well, here it is folks, the final week of the One Room Challenge and my Living Room Reveal. For me, this ended up being more about the process rather than the end result. It was a long, complicated journey with several bumps in the road like being ill and isolated for a week. There were shipping delays and plans that fell through. But, ultimately, I’m proud for pushing through and improving this space in our home.
Living Room Refresh- What I Accomplished:
- Selected couch (finally! This is definitely a big accomplishment after a year without one here)
- Painted Piano (read more about it here)
- Installed Wall Sconces (without any hardwiring!)
- Added bookcase
- Chose and framed artwork
- Selected new rug
- Incorporated more modern decor including pillows and pouf
What Did Not Get Completed:
- Fireplace: I had grand visions of replacing the mantle or adding a feature wall but after careful consideration, we decided against it at this time
Functional Coffee Table with Storage: Previously, we had a large trunk that stored our board games. While I loved it, the hinges made it difficult to use. I searched high and low for one I liked that was both functional and pretty.
Ultimately, I moved one from our family room in here so we can at least use the top for games but I’m considering some of these Round Wood Coffee Tables
- Chairs: Admittedly, I did not have much of a plan here. Because the chairs were dependent on the sofa and that took me weeks to decide on, the chairs became something to cross off the list…. for now.
- I ended up pulling in two vintage chairs from our beach house that I love, though they aren’t super functional here. I’ve got my eye on some of these 9 Low Profile Accent Chairs I rounded up though!
- Shades: I hoped to incorporate the same woven blinds I use in our other rooms (bedroom, kitchen, bathroom) but did not plan for the shipping delay due to Covid. These beauties will arrive soon, just not in time for the big reveal.
Living Room Reveal Sources
- Moroccan Tassle Rug from Boutique Rugs
- Ladder Bookcase
- Jute Pouf
- Wall Sconces
- Black & White Grid Lumbar Pillow from Homies (use code allisajacobs for 15% off through 12/31/20)
- Custom Photo Frames from Frame It Easy
- Art Prints from Juniper Print Shop
- Alcott Sofa in Rain Cloud from Article
Thank you for cheering me on and joining me on this adventure! Check out all the other One Room Challenge reveals by visiting the ORC blog!
Well it’s gorgeous even if it’s not completely finished! Neutral done right, for sure!
Lizzie- Thank you so much! It’s a work in progress and I’m glad it now feels like home!
Congratulations the space looks amazing 😉
Thank you so much Jenna! I appreciate your kind words & encouragement!
Comments are closed.