How do you decorate for the holidays? Do you get it done all at once or sort of ease into things? For me, I like to introduce pieces bit by bit leading up to the big day. Otherwise, it’s too overwhelming! I also love for decor to feel meaningful and a natural part of the home. This means a lot of wood, handmade items, and neutral colors. This year, I teamed up with the folks at Etsy to showcase some of my very favorite minimal Christmas decor ideas!
I really love holiday decor that feels natural and authentic. Where it feels like it’s part of the home and more than an afterthought. I typically look for Christmas decor that can stay up throughout the winter season. Etsy is a great place to find pieces that check these boxes – plus I love supporting small businesses when I can!
- Modern Winter Wreath – I would probably keep this out well into the new year!
- Hunter Green Throw Pillow – I love a throw pillow that doesn’t feel too holiday specific (less to store!)
- Modern Advent Calendar – Neutral Christmas Decor that can be reused each year makes it feel extra meaningful
- Joy Christmas Sign – this sign also comes in “peace” and “merry”
- Mistletoe Dinner Napkins – lovely winter print also available in placemats, runners, and towels
- Neutral Tree Art Print – This lovely art print would be amazing year round in a kids room or as part of a modern gallery wall
- Modern Wood Trees – so simple and Scandinavian! These handmade trees feel so classy and easy to incorporate into any space
- Merry & Bright Christmas Mug – I bet hot cocoa tastes better in this coffee cup!
- Personalized Neutral Linen Stockings so charming and available in different colors with a personalized little tag
Minimal Christmas Decor
I admit, the holidays can be especially overwhelming for me. Choosing neutral and minimal Christmas decor helps me keep my calm! These Etsy finds definitely helped me feel inspired for this year and I hope for you too.
I love a good asymmetrical wreath and this one is such a beauty! It would work well before Christmas and well after the new year. If you’re feeling crafty, check out my Modern Wreath Tutorial, DIY Mini Wreath Ornaments, Easy Advent Calendars.