DIY Christmas Ornaments – Easy Mini Wreaths
Each year, I make the boys a little ornament for Christmas. The idea is that when they leave the house one day, they will have a little collection of handmade ornaments to add to their own trees. We’re on year 11 now and it’s one of our favorite traditions. This year, I made cute little mini wreaths for their DIY Christmas ornaments. It’s such an easy project, I thought I’d share with you!
UPDATE: Thanks to Pioneer Woman for featuring these on her blog!
Aren’t these ornaments adorable? The best part is they were so easy to make! Not only did I mostly use items from around the house but it was easily a 10 minute project! (see below for supplies & links)
These ornaments started with a simple mason jar lid! Then, I wrapped each lid ring with mini pine garland, berry stems, and added a twine loop. To finish it off, I hot glued a cute little bow.
DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Canadian Pine Stems or Green Pipe Cleaner
- Mini Holly Berries – I used some from the Target Dollar spot similar to this berry garland but these holly stems are cute too!
- Metal Jar Lid Rings – I had some extra rings around the house, but always need extra!
- 3/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon – I used red ribbon that was on hand, but almost any thing would be pretty!
- Twine – I use this for everything! Including my Neutral Wrapping Paper this year
Could these be any easier? Or cuter! I already gave them to my boys and they loved them so much, they made their own with the extra supplies!
If you like this idea, please pin to share and save for later! Feeling crafty? Check out these easy Advent Calendar Ideas or my Modern Hoop Wreath Tutorial.