When it comes to design, I love alll the home decor coffee table books. Whether they are stacked on a bookshelf or set out on display as a conversation starter, these types of books are one of my go to home decor items. Of course they’re just pretty to look at but I also find endless amounts of design inspiration throughout the pages. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite titles I have in my own home.
Home Decor Coffee Table Books
In fact, I study home interior photos to hone my design skills. I note what elements resonate with me and which ones I’d rather leave behind.
Over time, these books have helped craft my over all design perspective!
- Oasis: Modern Desert Homes – with all the stunning photos and natural colors, this home decor book is hands down one of my very favorites that I pick up again and again
- Live Beautiful
- Wild At Home – I have nearly all of Hilton Carter’s plant-focused books and when paired with another item, they also make a really thoughtful gift. See my Plant Lover’s Gift Guide for tons of ideas
- Architectural Digest at 100: A Century of Style (The AD website is also a treasure trove of inspiration)
- Gardenista: A Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces
- Made for Living: Collected Interiors
- Pacific Natural – this book helped inspire a California Coastal dining room I created for a friend
- The Interior Design Handbook – this is perfect for technical details including rug sizes or sofa layouts with diagrams for easy application (see below)
- This is Home: The Art of Simple Living
Brief Book Previews
So, where to display all of the home decor books? I have a round up of some of my favorite Round Coffee Tables for more ideas.