As I think about fall decorating ideas, I usually go for a more subtle and natural route. Throw in a touch of modern and I’m all about it. My boys love the spooky side of Halloween and although you’ll never find me in a haunted house, I do appreciate the sense of drama! I’m using that dark moodiness to decorate my neutral home. I’ve scoured Etsy for some of the best fall decor and am sharing my favorite modern Halloween decor here!
Modern Halloween Decor Ideas
Generally speaking, I love holiday decor that kind of captures the mood, you know? Where it’s more like a subtle nod to the season. Something like these black ceramic vases would be perfect for fall styling (love the feather & wheat above) with their dark, moody, color.
- Black Cat Art Print – this adds such a sweet, sneaky touch – changing out art is an easy decor idea
- Natural Wheat Wreath – I would keep this beauty up all throughout fall and Thanksgiving
- Black Taper Candles – such a simple way to add that drama
- Black Ceramic Vase – this would be lovely year round
- Raven Hand Towel – I love the subtle nod to The Birds
- Cardamom & Cream Jar Candle – a lovely break from the usual pumpkin spice
- Black and White Pillow Cover – I adore this pillow cover and would use it year round, mixed with other prints
Does Halloween decor have to include pumpkins?
Not at all! Sometimes (all the times) I struggle with incorporating all of the pumpkins in Halloween decor. There’s a lot of reasons I feel this way, and it’s ok, we can just embrace the other aspects of the season like dark hues, harvest, cozy evenings.
Annd, if I really want a pumpkin, I might branch out and try one of these DIY concrete pumpkins for fun.
I especially love natural decor that can be used throughout the year (no need to store a bunch of decorations). These pampas stems would look amazing in a vase on our Black Piano!
I hope you enjoyed this collection of minimalist Halloween decor. Looking for more autumn styling? Check out my Natural Fall Decor Styling Ideas.